I'm realizing after prayer and being around other prophetic people that there has been a constant theme that I've been hearing about myself and that is I need to completely trust God and that I need to be still and know that He is God. Trust is a firm belief in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something. The biblical definition of Trust is the confident, active reliance on God's character and promises, rather than on human strength or understanding. I often quote the scripture Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all thy heart and lean not unto thine own understanding but in all of your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your pathway. Out of my mouth I say that I trust God and I tell myself I trust God but, in my heart, it tells a different story. Sometimes I allow what I see to override what God said. What does that look like. I can tell myself all day that I trust, I know you can do it God and then when a hard situation comes, I begin to worry and every scripture I quoted goes out the door and I try to take care of it on my own. I forget the authority that God has given me and I often give into the worry or even that fear. Fear opens the door to anxiety and depression and other things. That's why we need to truly depend upon God. The bible says to be anxious for nothing but in every through PRAYER, SUPPLICATION, AND WITH THANKSGIVING we make our request known. And the PEACE of God which passes all understanding will guard our hearts and our minds. Prayer: fundamentally conversing and communing with God. Supplication: an earnest, humble petition or heartfelt request made to God. and Thanksgiving: a foundational attitude of expressing gratitude, praise, and awe directly to God for His character, provision, and redemptive acts. Prayer, supplication and thanksgiving combats fear and anxiety. When we fully trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not into our own understanding, that means trusting God with my all, my everything. Trusting him with my mind, my heart my soul. That no matter what the situation looks like I look to God for everything. I don't lean into my will. I don't lean into self-doubt. I don't lean into my own thoughts. God's word says we bring every thought captivate to the obedience of Christ. So as soon as the thought of fear or anxiety tries to speak, I have the authority through Christ to shut down that thought. Shut down any voice speaking that is not the voice of God. God's word says that my sheep know my voice and a stranger he will not follow. How do we recognize if it's God's voice or another voice? By spending time with God. When we don't pray and have a personal intimacy with God, we tend to confuse the voices that are speaking. When we have that personal connection through God's word and time in prayer when things come up, we have the tools to be able to combat what the enemy tries to do or say. We can't go out here without our amor on. In order to fight you need your armor. Where is this armor found in the bible? Ephesians 6 says to put on the WHOLE armor of God. We daily have to put on the helmet of salvation which protects our head and guards our mind, the breast plate of righteousness which guards our chest and our heart. Sword which represents the word. The shield of faith which quenches every fiery dart of the enemy, the belt of truth which holds up our armor and guards our lowing. The shoe shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace. We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against rulers of darkness, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto the whole armor of God that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day and having done all to stand. Wow, thank you Lord. In trusting God I will be about to be still or relax in God. Being still is allowing God to fully have access to us and letting him do what he does best. It doesn't require us to do anything. It just requires us to be quiet, to relax and trust fully in him. This is bringing tears to my ears because the answer is to give in to Him. Allow Him into your heart, your thoughts. Allow Him to heal the little girl or the little boy that felt abandoned or heart. Allowing Him to heal those parts of you that now one knows that hurts you. It's allowing God to fully mend every broken piece of you. To fully put you back together and releasing all of your thoughts and plans to Him. You don't have to be the strong one. You can let God take over. God won't leave you. God won't hurt you. God won't drop you. God won't abandon you. God just wants to love on us and give us unconditional love. Let go and let God do it. Stop trying to do it on your own. Release it all to Him. Walk in your freedom. Walk in your deliverance. Allow love, joy and peace in. Allow God in every situation. Stop overthinking. Just STOP! Relax, Breath and let God!
This post is a very vulnerable post. I pray that this helps someone that needs that.
Lord, thank you for being God.
Forgive us Lord for not fully trusting you. Forgive us God for worrying and the allow fear to take over. Lord, we ask you now to remove all pride that says that we can do this without you. Forgive us God not trusting in you and your word. Lord create in us a clean heart and renew a right spirit with in us. Lord, teach us how to trust in you with all of hearts and lean not unto our own understanding but in all of our ways to acknowledge you so that you can direct our path. Lord, let your voice me the loudest voice that we hear. We silence every other voice now in Jesus' name. Your sheep know your voice and a stranger we will not follow. Lord, restore our hearts, Lord. God restore our souls. Lord gives a hunger for your word. Let's hunger for time with you Lord. Lord gives us your strength, knowledge and peace. God, we give you total control of our lives. We decree and declare that our lives will never be the same. That our hearts and minds are renewed God. We thank you God in advance now in Jesus' name. We love you, Lord. Amen!
AMEN
ReplyDeleteAmen and amen!!! This reminds me of Jer 17.7-8 it balances well with what you said- relax- breath- let go❤️
ReplyDelete